Unauthorised access Investigation
- We investigate and analyse unauthorised cyber access or hacking incidents such as when someone gains access to your cloud, server or physical device without your permission. Hackers may gain access to your computer or device through security weaknesses, malware or phishing. Once they have compromised your email, banking or social media accounts, they can change passwords preventing you from accessing your account. Scammers often send out messages impersonating and directing people to fake websites, or asking them to send money. Modern attacks are very sophisticated the fake websites may seem to be genuine.
- Malware analysis is the study or process of determining the functionality, origin and potential impact of a given malware sample such as a virus, worm, trojan horse, rootkit, or backdoor. Cyber Criminals may use malicious software (or malware) to monitor your online activity and cause damage to the computer. Malware is often downloaded when people open an infected email attachment or click a suspicious link in an email. Malware can also be used to steal your usernames, passwords or other information, which is then forwarded to a third party.
- ‘Malware’ is a catch all term to describe different types of malware which include viruses, worms, spyware, trojans or bots. Reset Hacker's specialised Malware and Virus analysis team trace malware, detect and remove threats and analyse the function and trace data transfer routes.
Sophisticated attacks Investigation
Sophisticated criminals are active daily to exploit vulnerabilities on computers and other devices. Some of the techniques they use include:
- unauthorised access or hacking – when someone gains access to your computer or device without permission
- malware – malicious software (such as viruses, trojans and spyware) which monitor your online activity and cause damage to the computer,
- denial of service attacks – an attack which floods a computer or website with data, causing it to overload and prevent it from functioning properly. This type of attack is more frequently targeted at businesses, rather than individuals.
DDOS - Denial of service or distributed denial of service attacks Investigation
- Cyber attacks are common and often a method seen is a denial of service attack which floods a computer or website with data, which can overload the system or computer and prevent it from functioning properly. Unlike hacking or malware, it generally doesn’t involve access to the computer system. A distributed denial of service (DDoS) attack is a denial of service attack that comes from multiple systems, often a network of compromised computers.
Email Fraud Investigation
- Reset Hacker's Cyber and Fraud Team are certified fraud and forensic examiners and can deploy to assist with all cases related to email fraud, email spear phishing attacks, email scams and on-line related fraud. Reset Hacker can deploy forensic examiners to investigate hacking, determine how it took place and report the findings, Reset Hacker ensures that hackers are not active in your network and ensure your user accounts policies and rules are configured correctly to prevent further attacks.
Phishing Attack Investigation
- Phishing attacks, email fraud, scams, online fraud happens in most cases when cyber criminals find ways to hack into the email servers or accounts of small and medium companies, often targeting those with business in Asia countries. Cyber criminals gain access to email accounts and search through email accounts looking for sensitive information such as outstanding, unpaid invoices or data relating to financial transactions and business between supplier, vendor and clients. When cyber criminals identify a sale or a due invoice, the fraudsters then send various fictitious emails from the hacked email account or an email address replicated to the original purporting to be in charge of the sale or due invoice to be paid, the fraudster is then asking for transfers of funds into a nominated bank account, usually giving an excuse that there is a problem at the bank and an alternative account needs to be used. It is common that the nominated account is in the same name as the company name or with a very slight change such as an extra letter. It is common the bank account to be in the same city as the victim or client.
Cyberwarfare is the use of technology to attack a nation, causing comparable harm to actual warfare. ‘Cyberwarfare’ does not imply scale, protraction or violence which are typically associated with the term ‘war’. Reset Hacker's Cyber Intelligence Team monitors the most serious threats and rogue actors, we collect Cyber Threat Intelligence 24/7.
Are you effected by a Cyber Crime?
If a cyber crime or cyber attack happens to you, you need to respond quickly. Report the incident as soon as possible to your local police in the country you reside in. Obtain the Police report or case number.
- Cyber crime in its several formats such as online identity theft, financial fraud, stalking, bullying, hacking, e-mail fraud, email spoofing, invoice fraud, email scams, banking scam, CEO fraud. Cyber fraud can lead to major disruption and financial disasters. First contact the Police, report the crime, then contact Reset Hacker's hotlines or respond to us online for forensic support or investigative support CONTACT